Gems of Venice: Where to Go When You Are in L.A.

#venice #california #venicesign #venicebeach #rosecafe #venicecanals #abbotkinney #wallart #april2017






Most people I know, don't like L.A., because of the huge area, the crazy traffic, and the disappointment about Hollywood ("What? This is the street where everybody wants to go?"). I love L.A. and I could go again, because there are so many beautiful things to discover.  In my third post about L.A. (klick here for my former posts) I will let you know about my favorite things to do in Venice. 

1. Venice Beach Ocean Front Walk

Venice is not just the Muscle Beach, it is more than that. There is the Ocean Front Walk where you can go from the Muscle Beach to the north, just to see the ocean, the surfer, the people who doing sport, people who walking around or riding a bike or a board.









The beach is so wide, the Malibu Hills are on the horizon, and the palms give a kind of relaxed feeling.  








2. Rose Cafe

My favorite Brunch and also Lunch I had at the Rose Cafe (klick here for their website). We went there twice because the brunch was really delicious and the place for itself was so nice with different areas, inside and outside, places for meetings, for hanging around with friends, on the bar, on the patio or just for picking up something good at the bakery. 











3. Venice Canals

A 10 minute walk from the beach are the Venice Canals. There are small streets, in a very quiet area, and even the beautiful canals, framed of many palms, nice houses with beautiful gardens, and even the L.A. hills in the background.








4. Abbot Kinney Boulevard

This is the must see street of Venice, with all the cool shops and restaurants. The street is not very long, you can walk it from one end to another in less than 30 minutes, but let your time, watch the shops and the people, some with their dogs (I just saw Mops and Bulldogge;).














5. Wall Art

The wall art offers also some nice photo motives. On some were professional shootings and we got just a short spot to take a photo. I show you just a few I got many more.














So, as I said, L.A. is not just Hollywood, I prefer all the beaches, and there are many more beaches around L.A. to discover.  Next time;)

Happy week!


Christine



ALL PHOTOS AND TEXTS ARE MADE BY MYSELF UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts